Monday 25 October 2010

I feel a change a comin...

Well, I have been studying for some time now and I only have one module left of my 'Total Immersion' PT course to do and then that's it - I am done!!! So far I have Diplomas in Personal Training & Advanced Instructor (Level 3), Sports Nutrition, Nutrition & Weight Management, Client Psychology & Motivation, Gym Instruction, Core Stability & Torso Training, Circuit Training and also my Sports Therapy (L3) which I completed back a few years ago...

So I now need to get up off my (slightly fatter than usual!!) arse and do something about it!! I have a couple of people who I am coaching for tri, a few clients whom require my Sports Therapy help and a few people needing nutritional advice - so why am I doing this for free when I could start charging and get some back some of the £xxxx's it cost me to get qualified!!

So, short term goals are:

Get myself onto the REPS register asap - for those who don't know, this is the Register of Exercise Professionals. This will get me recognised nationally and is THE place to be seen if you are serious in becoming a fitness professional...

Speak to the good old HMRC as well to see how setting up a small business will affect me taxwise? It's not like I will be raking it in to start with but I must be legit from the start!!

To come up with a name for the business?? I want to be triathlon focussed but at the same time, not leave myself cornered into just one market... My main priority will be sports therapy but I am also looking to expand my coaching and PT along with this so getting the right name is a tricky one! May need to call upon the experts out there for advice?

Long term goals:

Quit my job and start up running my own business and make millions ;o) Not really too interested in making the millions to be honest, I just want to be comfortable and to be able to get up in the morning and look forward to the next working day doing something that I love doing, rather than the dreary daily trudge to a job that I am not really suited to and not really any good at!! Helps if you are interested in it in the first place...

Post over :o)

2 comments:

Turbo Man said...

That last paragraph really made me laugh! Why should you be any different to anyone else in the building?

So no free stuff for me then? Wil lyou still talk to me in the Changing Room or am I in danger of being billed for that?

Seriously though, I hope it works out for you. Everyone deserves a job they enjoy.

Andy said...

I guess so Mick!! Its not a good place at the moment - in fact, it has been bad for a long time now and it does bring you down after a while hence, I need out of there!!

For you mate, of course its free ;o) You know too bloody much anyhow...

Thank you for the kind words :o)